10 Jan Whose Cabinet Is It Anyway? – Vol 2
Whose cabinet is it anyway? – Vol 2.
This is the second volume of our cabinet overview where we take a look at those who are leading our country.
Please note: details provided in the ‘Whose cabinet is it anyway?’ series were correct at the time of writing, 9 December 2022.
Please see Volume 1. for more.
Where we left off
In our previous article we gave an overview of political issues and covered President Cyril Ramaphosa as well as Minister Thoko Didiza and Minister Angie Motshekga.
Current position: Minister of Communications and Digital Technologies
Known name/nickname: Khumbudzo Ntshavheni
DOB: 30 Jan 1977 (45)
– MBA (Bradford University)
– BA Political Science (RAU)
– BA Hons Development Studies (RAU)
– BA Hons Labour Relations (RAU)
– Municipal Manager of the Ba-Phalaborwa Local Municipality
– Member and non-executive director of the Board of Denel
– Tourism Manager: Trade and Investment Limpopo
– COO for Limpopo Provincial Department of Local Government and Housing
– Minister of Small Business Development
– Junior lecturer at Unisa
– Spokesperson for Premier Ramatlhodi
– COO of the State IT Agency (SITA)
– Implicated in collusion through the suspension of Denel executives by the Zondo Commission of Enquiry into State Capture.
– Accused of splurging R15 million on lavish accommodation during the Covid-19 pandemic along with Minister of Small Business Development, Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams.
Nkosazana Clarice Dlamini-Zuma
Current position: Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs
Known name/nickname: Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma
DOB: 29 Jan 1949 (73)
– BSc Zoology and Botany (University of Zululand)
– MBChB (University of Bristol)
– Research Technician (University of Natal)
– Vice-President of SASO (UK)
– House Officer of Surgery (Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, UK)
– House Officer (Canadian Red Cross Memorial Hospital, Berkshire, England)
– Medical officer in Paediatrics (Mbabane Government Hospital, Swaziland)
– Medical Officer Paediatric attachment (Whittington Hospital, UK)
– Founder & Director of Health Refugee Trust (Health Development Organisation, UK)
– Research Scientists (Medical Research Council)
– Member of Steering Committee (National Aids Co-Ordinating Committee, SA)
– Deputy Chairperson (United Nations AIDS)
– Chancellor (ML Sultan Technikon, SA)
– President of the United Nations World Conference against Racism (WCAR)
– President of the Ministers’ Council for the United Nations World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD)
– Chairperson of the African Union (AU) Executive Council of Ministers
– Member of SA Bid Committee (2010 FIFA World Cup)
– Commissioner for the Socialist International
– Minister of Health
– Minister of Home Affairs
– Summoned by the courts to produce a record of her decision-making processes and protocols during lockdown, as well as the extension of lockdown.
– Lost a Supreme Court case around her choices for tobacco restriction during lockdown.
– Accused of abusing her position as chair of the African Union by most participant nations who state that she ignored conflict, pandemics and economic issues of other nations. Zuma was accused of remaining mum on crucial issues – such as gender-based violence, climate change and the International Criminal Court.
– Accused of supporting corruption for opposing the ANC’s step-aside rule.
Thandi Ruth Modise
Current position: Minister of Defence
Known name/nickname: Thandi Modise
DOB: 25 Dec 1959 (63)
– BCom Industrial Psychology and Economics (Unisa)
– Certificates in Security Studies (Naval University in Montreal)
– Leadership Course (University of United Nations University, Jordan)
– Political commissar for MK
– Commander in MK
– Member of the African National Congress Women’s League (ANCWL) Executive committee
– Deputy President of the ANCWL
– Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Defence and Joint Standing Committee on Defence
– Deputy Secretary General of the ANC
– Premier of the North West Province
– Chairperson of the Council of the Robben Island Museum
– Topographer for MK
– Founded the ANCWL branch in Huhudi
– Founded the Lesedi Community Clinic
– Caught out for taking a travel allowance of more than R125 000 which she wasn’t entitled to in 2017 and resisted repaying the allowance over the three-year period she was granted
– Charged with animal cruelty by the NSPCA and Afriforum in 2014 for dead animals on her farm. The charges were dismissed in 2021 as the court found that the man she had employed to take care of the farm was responsible for the neglect and deaths.
– Accused of denying a severance package for her department’s spokesperson, Marco Boni.
– Taken to court by Afriforum and other organisations for draconian measures imposed during lockdown.
Thembelani Waltermade Thulas Nxesi
Current position: Minister of Employment and Labour
Known name/nickname: Thulas Nxesi
DOB: 1 January 1959 (64)
– BA unspecified (University of Fort Hare)
– BEd (Wits)
– Higher diploma in Education (Unisa)
– President of Education International (EI)
– Assistant General Secretary and General Secretary of the South African Democratic Teachers Union (SADTU)
– Chair of the Portfolio Committee on International Relations and cooperation
– Deputy Minister of Rural Development and Land Reform
– Minister of Public Works (twice)
– Minister of Sport and Recreation
– Former teacher at Ikusasa Senior Secondary School
– Founder and leader of the National Education Union of South Africa (NEUSA)
– Recovered R3,5 billion in wrongfully distributed UIF funds
– Denied a visa to enter Israel in 2012 due to his pro-Palestinian sentiments
– Seen as xenophobic by many since he has been actively seeking new regulations to limit the employment of foreigners in SA. This is seen by some as a positive move given the high unemployment rate.
– Accused of obscuring former President Jacob Zuma’s spending on his Nkandla residence.
Barbara Dallas Creecy
Current position: Minister of Forestry, Fisheries and Environment
Known name/nickname: Barbara
DOB: 17 June 1958 (64)
– BHons Political Science (Wits)
– Masters degree in Public Policy and Management (University of London)
– Member of the National Assembly of South Africa
– Member of the Gauteng Provincial Legislator
– Gauteng MEC for Sports, Recreation, Arts and Culture
– MEC for Education
– Member of the Gauteng Finance Portfolio
– Deputy Chief Whip and Chairperson of the Gauteng Social Development and Education Committees
– Member of the Board of Directors of P4G (Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030)
– Overhauled the Treasury during her tenure in the Finance department which saw the Treasury receive six awards.
– Vetoed an amendment to the Meat Safety Act (MSA) which will have allowed the commercial sale of lion meat.
– Ordered by the Pretoria High Court in 2022 to implement the Highveld Priority Area Air Quality Management Plan which was drawn up by government nearly a decade ago and accused of reneging on the mandates of her post.
– Check in next time for more…
We’ll be stretching this series over two months, so be sure to check in again for our other ministers.
In the meantime, feel free to leave your details below if you want to discuss your cross-border finance. Rand Rescue has helped thousands of South Africans move their money abroad.
Tired of being caught out by the Rand’s movements against the Dollar, Euro and Pound? Or just wanting to get a better idea of where the Rand is going in these markets to rescue your Rands at the right time? Then we have the answer for you. Rand Rescue has partnered with Dynamic Outcomes Rand Forecasting Service to provide a full 14-day Free Trial of their forecasting service of the Rand vs Dollar, Euro and Pound. Get a clear, emotion-free and objective view of the Rand’s value today.
- “[LISTEN] Mondli Gungubele Explains Why He Quit The PIC Board”. 2022. 702. https://www.702.co.za/articles/336400/listen-mondli-gungubele-explains-why-he-quit-the-pic-board.
- “‘State Capture’: The Corruption Investigation That Has Shaken South Africa”. 2019. The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/jul/11/state-capture-corruption-investigation-that-has-shaken-south-africa.
- “Afriforum Did File Court Papers; Tourism Minister Spreading Fake News – Afriforum”. 2020. Afriforum. https://afriforum.co.za/en/afriforum-did-file-court-papers-tourism-minister-spreading-fake-news/.
- “Afriforum In Court Over Dlamini-Zuma’S Irrational Quarantine Regulations – Afriforum”. 2020. Afriforum. https://afriforum.co.za/en/afriforum-in-court-over-dlamini-zumas-irrational-quarantine-regulations/.
- “ANALYSIS: Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma’S Criticism Of ‘Step-Aside’ Rule Enforces It As ANC’S Central Issue — The Party’S Future Depends On It”. Grootes, S. 2022. Daily Maverick. https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2022-09-26-nkosazana-dlamini-zumas-criticism-of-step-aside-rule-enforces-it-as-ancs-central-issue-the-partys-future-depends-on-it/.
- “ANALYSIS: Sharp Sharp, Blade: Two Major Issues Define Nzimande’S Decades On Top Of The SACP”. Grootes, S. 2022. Daily Maverick. https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2022-07-13-sharp-sharp-blade-two-major-issues-define-nzimandes-decades-on-top-of-the-sacp/.
- “Blade Nzimande”. 2022. People’s Assembly. https://www.pa.org.za/person/bonginkosi-emmanuel-nzimande/.
- “COURSE CORRECTION: New Perks For Ministers Scrapped As President Cyril Ramaphosa Backtracks”. Masuabi, Q. 2022. Daily Maverick. https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2022-10-17-new-perks-for-ministers-scrapped-as-president-cyril-ramaphosa-backtracks/.
- “Court Sets Aside Nzimande’s Decision To Cut Unisa’s First-Time Student Intake”. 2022. Polity.Org.Za. https://www.polity.org.za/article/court-sets-aside-nzimandes-decision-to-cut-unisas-first-time-student-intake-2021-03-12.
- “DAYS OF ZONDO, PART THREE: ‘There Is No Prima Facie Case Against Me At This Point’ — Mantashe To Take State Capture Report On Judicial Review”. Mafolo, K. 2022. Daily Maverick. https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2022-03-03-there-is-no-prima-facie-case-against-me-at-this-point-mantashe-to-take-state-capture-report-on-judicial-review/.
- “DBSA Maladministration & Corruption Allegations | PMG”. 2020. Pmg.Org.Za. https://pmg.org.za/committee-meeting/31517/.
- “Dlamini-Zuma Found To Have Infringed Rights ‘Foundational To A Democracy’”. Curson, B. 2022. Moneyweb. https://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/south-africa/dlamini-zuma-found-to-have-infringed-rights-foundational-to-a-democracy/.
- “Ebrahim Patel – ‘Highly Activist’ And Therein Lies The Danger To SA Economy, Says Katzenellenbogen”. 2021 Biznews.Com. https://www.biznews.com/undictated/2021/05/26/ebrahim-patel-sa-economy.
- “Ebrahim Patel, Mr | South African Government”. 2022. Gov.Za. https://www.gov.za/about-government/contact-directory/ebrahim-patel-mr.
- “EFF Calls For Minister Ntshavheni’S Head After State Capture Findings”. 2022. Sowetanlive. https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/south-africa/2022-02-07-eff-calls-for-minister-ntshavhenis-head-after-state-capture-findings/.
- “Enoch Godongwana Biography: Age, Place Of Birth, Qualifications, Family, House & Contact Details » Ubetoo”. 2022. Ubetoo.Com. https://www.ubetoo.com/artists/enoch-godongwana-biography-age-place-of-birth-qualifications-family-house-contact-details/.
- “‘Good Riddance’ – Africa Says Goodbye To AU’s Dlamini-Zuma – DW – 03/14/2017”. 2022. Dw.Com. https://www.dw.com/en/africa-says-goodbye-to-aus-dlamini-zuma/a-37237762.
- “Government Leaders | South African Government”. 2022. Gov.Za. https://www.gov.za/about-government/leaders.
- “Grace Naledi Mandisa Pandor, Ms | South African Government”. 2022. Gov.Za. https://www.gov.za/about-government/contact-directory/grace-naledi-mandisa-pandor-ms.
- “Groundview: Aaron Motsoaledi’S Shameful Outburst”. 2022. Groundup News. https://www.groundup.org.za/article/groundview-aaron-motsoaledis-shameful-outburst/.
- “Growing Outrage At Sisulu Bashing Constitution, Justice System And Rule Of Law”. 2022. Sowetanlive. https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/2022-01-12-growing-outrage-at-sisulu-bashing-constitution-justice-system-and-rule-of-law/.
- “LEFT FIELD: The Great Greedy Unwashed Are The Source Of The Water And Power Crisis – Time For Some People Shedding”. De Waal, S. 2022. Daily Maverick. https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2022-10-24-the-greedy-unwashed-caused-the-water-power-crisis-they-must-be-shed/.
- “Lindiwe Nonceba Sisulu | South African History Online”. 2022. Sahistory.Org.Za. https://www.sahistory.org.za/people/lindiwe-nonceba-sisulu.
- “Naledi Pandor”. 2022. People’s Assembly. https://www.pa.org.za/person/grace-naledi-mandisa-pandor/.
- “Mantashe: State Capture Inquiry’s Finding Against Me Based On Assumptions”. Sefularo, M. 2022. Ewn.Co.Za. https://ewn.co.za/2022/03/03/mantashe-state-capture-inquiry-s-finding-against-me-based-on-assumptions.
- “Mantashe’S Brazen Defiance Of Zondo Confirms Urgency Of DA Court Case Against Cadre Deployment”. 2022. Da.Org.Za. https://www.da.org.za/2022/06/mantashes-brazen-defiance-of-zondo-confirms-urgency-of-da-court-case-against-cadre-deployment.
- “Mathume Joseph ‘Joe’ Phaahla, Dr | South African Government”. 2022. Gov.Za. https://www.gov.za/about-government/contact-directory/mathume-joseph-joe-phaahla-dr.
- “MEC De Lille Denies Abusing Power, Says She Is Cleaning Up The Corruption | Witness”. Witness. https://www.citizen.co.za/witness/news/mec-de-lille-denies-abusing-power-says-she-is-cleaning-up-the-corruption-20200922/.
- “Minister Ebrahim Patel – The Department Of Trade Industry And Competition”. 2022. Thedtic.Gov.Za. http://www.thedtic.gov.za/minister/.
- “Minister In Trouble: Complaint About Blade Nzimande Filed With The UN”. Head, T. 2021. The South African. https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/why-blade-nzimande-complaint-the-un/.
- “Ministers – Parliament Of South Africa”. 2022. Parliament.Gov.Za. https://www.parliament.gov.za/ministers.
- “Motsoaledi’s Smoke & Mirrors – Eisenberg & Associates”. 2021. Eisenberg & Associates. https://eisenberg.co.za/motsoaledi-crusade/.
- “New York, New York: DA Says Naledi Pandor Is Scapegoating Fired Director-General Over A Property Scandal”. Fabricius, P. 2021. Daily Maverick. https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2021-09-10-da-says-naledi-pandor-is-scapegoating-fired-director-general-over-a-property-scandal/.
- “Nathi Mthethwa To Sue For Defamation After Being Implicated At Zondo Inquiry”. 2022. Ewn.Co.Za. https://ewn.co.za/2019/10/03/nathi-mthethwa-sue-for-defamation-after-being-implicated-at-zondo-inquiry.
- “Nathi Mthethwa”. 2022. People’s Assembly. https://www.pa.org.za/person/emmanuel-nkosinathi-mthethwa/.
- “Ndabeni-Abrahams Accused Of Abusing Taxpayers’ Money”. 2020 Techcentral. https://techcentral.co.za/ndabeni-abrahams-accused-of-abusing-taxpayers-money/175029/.
- “Newsflash: Nkoana-Mashabane Ordered To Pay As Court Rules Against Her In District Six Appeal Matter”. Payne, S. 2020. Daily Maverick. https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2020-03-30-nkoana-mashabane-ordered-to-pay-as-court-rules-against-her-in-district-six-appeal-matter/.
- “No More Masks! – All Covid Regulations Officially Scrapped | The Citizen”. Patel, F. 2022. The Citizen. https://www.citizen.co.za/news/no-more-masks-all-covid-regulations-officially-scrapped/.
- “Ntshavheni Responds To Zondo Report: ‘I Was Never Lobbied For Decisions I Supported Or Opposed'”. 2022. Timeslive. https://www.timeslive.co.za/politics/2022-02-04-ntshavheni-responds-to-zondo-report-i-was-never-lobbied-for-decisions-i-supported-or-opposed/.
- “OP-ED: Lindiwe Sisulu’S Extraordinary Attack On South Africa’S Constitution”. Msimang, M. 2022. Daily Maverick. https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2022-01-09-lindiwe-sisulus-extraordinary-attack-on-south-africas-constitution/.
- “Pakishe Aaron Motsoaledi, Dr | South African Government”. 2022. Gov.Za. https://www.gov.za/about-government/contact-directory/pakishe-aaron-motsoaledi-dr.
- “Parliament Says It Keeps No Record Of Mps Facing Criminal Charges – SABC News – Breaking News, Special Reports, World, Business, Sport Coverage Of All South African Current Events. Africa’s News Leader.”. 2020. SABC News – Breaking News, Special Reports, World, Business, Sport Coverage Of All South African Current Events. Africa’s News Leader.. https://www.sabcnews.com/sabcnews/parliament-says-it-keeps-no-record-of-mps-facing-criminal-charges/.
- “Patricia De Lille | South African History Online”. 2022. Sahistory.Org.Za. https://www.sahistory.org.za/people/patricia-de-lille.
- “Patricia De Lille Is Now Directly Implicated In The Beitbridge Border Fence – She Must Resign”. 2022. Da.Org.Za. https://www.da.org.za/2022/04/patricia-de-lille-is-now-directly-implicated-in-the-beitbridge-border-fence-she-must-resign.
- “Patricia De Lille’S Cover Up And Inaction Was Indirectly Responsible For Parliament Burning Down”. 2022. Da.Org.Za. https://www.da.org.za/2022/01/patricia-de-lilles-cover-up-and-inaction-was-indirectly-responsible-for-parliament-burning-down.
- “Pravin Jamnadas Gordhan Biography: Age, Net Worth, Wife, Education & Qualification, Salary, House & Contact Details » Ubetoo”. 2022. Ubetoo.Com. https://www.ubetoo.com/artists/pravin-gordhan-biography-age-net-worth-wife-education-qualification-salary-house-contact-details/.
- “Profile: Ms Maite Nkoana-Mashabane, Minister”. 2022. Dirco.Gov.Za. http://www.dirco.gov.za/department/profile_mashabane.html.
- “Sakeliga Obtains Court Order Against Dlamini-Zuma Over Lockdown Records – Sakeliga”. 2022. Sakeliga. https://sakeliga.co.za/en/sakeliga-obtains-court-order-against-dlamini-zuma-over-lockdown-records/.
- “Samson Gwede Mantashe”. 2022. People’s Assembly. https://www.pa.org.za/person/gwede-mantashe/.
- “Senzo Mchunu Is Implicated In Job Fraud”. 2020. Head Topics. https://headtopics.com/za/senzo-mchunu-is-implicated-in-job-fraud-31131996.
- “South African Minister Pravin Gordhan Has Been Facing Questions Over His Pharmacy Degree. Two Institutions Confirm That He Graduated”. 2019. Fact Check. https://factcheck.afp.com/south-african-minister-pravin-gordhan-has-been-facing-questions-over-his-pharmacy-degree-two.
- “State Capture: Nathi Mthethwa ‘Got R200k Home Upgrade’ Via Crime Intelligence Account”. 2022. Timeslive. https://www.timeslive.co.za/politics/2019-09-18-state-capture-nathi-mthethwa-got-r200k-home-upgrade-via-crime-intelligence-account/.
- “Stella Must Step Aside Pending Investigations Of Numerous Allegations Of Corruption”. 2022. Da.Org.Za. https://www.da.org.za/2020/10/stella-must-step-aside-pending-investigations-of-numerous-allegations-of-corruption.
- “The Rise Of Xenophobia: The Road To Ruin – ISS Africa”. 2022. ISS Africa. https://issafrica.org/iss-today/the-rise-of-xenophobia-the-road-to-ruin.
- “Tourism Minister Spreading Fake News – Afriforum – POLITICS | Politicsweb “. 2022. Politicsweb.Co.Za. https://www.politicsweb.co.za/politics/tourism-minister-spreading-fake-news–afriforum.
- “UPDATE: Leisure Ban Will See Sector Decimated”. 2020. Southern & East African Tourism Update. https://www.tourismupdate.co.za/article/update-leisure-ban-will-see-sector-decimated.
- “WEBINAR: ANC Trip To Zimbabwe Was Not A Joyride, Says Lindiwe Zulu”. Du Plessis, C. 2020. Daily Maverick. https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2020-09-25-anc-trip-to-zimbabwe-was-not-a-joyride-says-lindiwe-zulu/.
- “Zondo Report Finds ‘Reasonable Suspicion’ Against Gwede Mantashe”. 2022. Timeslive. https://www.timeslive.co.za/politics/2022-03-01-zondo-report-finds-reasonable-suspicion-against-gwede-mantashe/.
- [RESEARCH PROJECT] “Betrayal of the Promise: How South Africa is Being Stolen.” Swilling, M. 2017. State Capacity Research Project. https://pari.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Betrayal-of-the-Promise-25052017.pdf
- “A MUST READ: As long as Ebrahim Patel remains minister, enterprise cannot be set free”. 2021. NEASA. https://neasa.co.za/a-must-read-as-long-as-ebrahim-patel-remains-minister-enterprise-cannot-be-set-free/
- “Another lawsuit hits the ANC”. 2018. Sunday World. https://www.pressreader.com/south-africa/sunday-world-8839/20181028/282136407404369
- “Blade Nzimande dismisses calls to step down.” 2022. IOL
- “Comms minister defends decision to dismiss Denel execs”. 2022. ITWeb.
- “DA calls for Defence minister to lay criminal charges against Thusano officials”. 2022. IOL
- “Ebrahim Patel in job scandal involving Mcebisi Jonas and the Lottery Commission”. 2022. IOL.
- “Intercape slams Bnalula’s ‘failure’ to address ongoing attacks amid legal battle.” 2022. IOL.
- “Patricia de Lille says department’s failure to migrate to IT systems leads to corruption.” 2022. IOL.
- “State Security Minister Mondli Gungubele condemned for dragging newspaper and journalists to court.” 2022. IOL.
- “Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams: Her past controversies and how she survived”. 2020. IOL.
- “UniZulu Again in midst of procurement controversy”. 2018. Corruptionwatch.org. https://www.corruptionwatch.org.za/unizulu-midst-procurement-controversy/
- “Grace Naledi Mandisa Pandor | South African History Online”. 2022. Sahistory.Org.Za. https://www.sahistory.org.za/people/grace-naledi-mandisa-pandor.
- “Minister Pandor On The Court Ruling Regarding The South African Humanitarian Aid To Cuba”. 2022. Dirco.Gov.Za. http://www.dirco.gov.za/docs/2022/cuba0323.htm.
- Shoba, Sandisiwe. 2021. “DAILY MAVERICK WEBINAR: ‘Unauthorised Biography’ Joins The Dots Of Pravin Gordhan’S Life And Struggle Against State Capture”. Daily Maverick. https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2021-10-02-unauthorised-biography-joins-the-dots-of-pravin-gordhans-life-and-struggle-against-state-capture/.
- “Mr Ronald Ozzy Lamola – Parliament Of South Africa”. 2022. Parliament.Gov.Za. https://www.parliament.gov.za/person-details/123.
- “GROUNDUP: Minister Of Justice Ronald Lamola’S Law Firm Bungled National Lottery Corruption Probe, Three Times”. 2021. Daily Maverick. https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2021-07-21-minister-of-justice-ronald-lamolas-law-firm-bungled-national-lottery-corruption-probe-three-times/.
- “Ronald Lamola Biography, Age, Wife, Career & Net Worth – SA Online Portal”. 2021. SA Online Portal. https://ghanadmission.com/za/ronald-lamola/.
- “Profile Of The Minister Of Finance‚ Pravin Gordhan”. 2022. Timeslive. https://www.timeslive.co.za/politics/2015-12-14-profile-of-the-minister-of-finance-pravin-gordhan/.
- “Pravin Jamnadas Gordhan, Mr | South African Government”. 2022. Gov.Za. https://www.gov.za/about-government/contact-directory/pravin-jamnadas-gordhan-mr-0.
- “Pravin Jamnadas Gordhan | South African History Online”. 1982. Sahistory.Org.Za. https://www.sahistory.org.za/people/pravin-jamnadas-gordhan.
- Shoba, Sandisiwe. 2021. “DAILY MAVERICK WEBINAR: ‘Unauthorised Biography’ Joins The Dots Of Pravin Gordhan’S Life And Struggle Against State Capture”. Shoba, S. 2021. Daily Maverick. https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2021-10-02-unauthorised-biography-joins-the-dots-of-pravin-gordhans-life-and-struggle-against-state-capture/.